Sunday, July 6, 2014

Patriotic and Pretty: Red, White, and Blue



Hello!

I hope everyone had a great weekend celebrating our country's birthday! On Friday, I had a bridal appointment and I didn't wear anything patriotic to my appointment because I opted for an outfit that was easy to change out of. After I got home, my fiancé and I decided to go to dinner and catch some fireworks around town. He was sporting his red, white, and blue... So, I decided that I would wear mine too! I only have one picture of my full outfit from Friday, but I also have my patriotic outfit from Sunday!

My stylish fiancé, Brandon wore a golf polo, blue shorts, red shoes, and a red belt! He even wore his patriotic attire to work that day! I forgot that I had these royal blue lace shorts, but I decided that they were perfectly patriotic paired with red. I went with a white shirt with a ruffled neckline. Of course, I couldn't go without my red striped wedges and red bandana. Last but not least, I wore a silver statement necklace (see below in next outfit).

{Outfit details}
Brandon
Shirt: Greg Norman (get it here)
Shorts: Izod (get them here)
Shoes: Nautica (Ross find, similar here)
Belt: Nautica (Stein Mart find)

Me
Top: Outlet (old; I like this)
Shorts: Boutique (similar here, and here)
Wedges: Rue 21 (old; I like these)
Necklace: Walmart (couldn't find online) 
This is my go to hairstlye (as pictured above). 
1. Place hair in a high ponytail.
2. Use a bandana as a headband.
3. Pull out pieces to frame the face.

Voilà! An easy updo!  

Now, to my outfit I wore to church. Being the weekend of the fourth, I decided to still be patriotic when choosing my outfit. I think that every girl should have a white dress. There are so many different ways to style one. This is one of my favorites in my closet (broken zipper and all)! The delicate details on the skirt give a dainty and feminine touch. My shoes I found on clearance at Kohls a few years ago. They are cobalt blue and ruffled. They look much darker in the pictures than what they really are. With a white dress, and blue heels, I had to add some red in somewhere. I wore bright red lipstick, which is definitely a favorite of mine! For the accessories, I chose a thin white belt to add to the dress. Last but not least, I wore a statement necklace that I bought during the week on our girls day (I promise again that I am going to post about that). 



This deserves its own paragraph. The statement necklace pictured is from Wal-Mart! There are tons to choose from and they are only $10! I really wanted to buy them all, but I settled for just two right now. There are a variety of colors and styles, and they are all big (just what I like). A few are very similar to more expensive jewelry brands.





{Outfit Details}

Dress: Dillard's (old; similar here, really like this)
Shoes: Candies (old; like these)
Belt: Marshall's (similar here)
Necklace: Wal-Mart (I couldn't find it online)


Thank you for taking time to read about my weekend!

- Haylie

1 Peter 2:9-10
"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy."


1 comment: