Thursday, July 17, 2014

Girls Day

Hello!

I hope everyone is having a great Thursday! I have had a pretty busy week this week. In this short amount of downtime that I do have, I thought that I would share an outfit that I got a ton of questions about. One lady even stopped me in the mall to ask where these shorts were from. A couple of weeks ago, I went and had a pedicure and a shopping day with two of my best friends!


This is a shot of my outfit I will be writing about. Me and Ashley fell in love with the same Jessica Simpson wedges and had to take a mirror picture! The shoes can be found in my previous post Pink and Leopard.


We forgot to take a picture earlier in the day, but we managed to get a mirror shot of the three of us. Obviously, turquoise was kind of our theme for the day!


Here's our toesies! Ashley had coral with silver accents. Haley had a light blue with a white anchor. I had a dark turquoise with... some design I picked out of a book. The idea I had in mind, the lady wasn't able to do... sigh.




Now, on to the outfit.
I have quite an obsession with lace. Lace shorts, lace dresses, lace shirts, you name it. I immediately knew when I saw these shorts, that I had to have them. They are a great length and they sit in between high waisted and low waisted shorts. I can't really explain it. They are the PERFECT color (and my favorite if you can't tell) for summertime. Here is the bad part though... I found these bad boys on sale at Dillard's last year. I actually drove two hours for them. But, wait! I found similar ones. So, no need to give up. Anyway, I get distracted...
I paired my favorite shorts with a white chiffon top with a bow in the back. I tucked in the shirt to focus more on the shorts. I wore white wedges for part of the day, and later I changed into white sandals. I am realllyyyy tall with wedges on, so I decided not to be a giant. To bring in the color of the shorts, I went with a necklace of the same color. This outfit took no time at all to put together, and it is easily one of my favorites. I hope you love it as much as I do!


Please ignore the background today. I liked the outdoor lighting, and I did my best with the auto timer on my iPhone.



{Outfit Details}
 Top: Boutique (get the same one here)
Shorts: Dillard's (old; LOVE these, slightly different color here)
Wedges: Gianni Bini (old; love the wrap on these)
Sandals (from pedicure picture): Rack Room (old; similar here, love these)
Necklace: Local store (similar here)
Sunglasses: RayBan (get them here)


Thank you for taking your time to check out my blog! It may sound silly, but maybe somehow this can make someone's day just a little brighter. I include a Bible verse in every post because God works in mysterious ways, and someone may need that.

Haylie 


Ephesians 3:20-21
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

1 comment: