Friday, May 30, 2014

My First Post - Red, White, and Bows!

Hey everyone!

I hope everyone has had a fantastic week so far.

My first post is going to be what I wore for memorial day earlier this week. I wanted to be patriotic and fashionable at the same time. I am calling this outfit: Red, white (actually... it's off white), and bows! I LOVE bows, lace, and wedges. All three of these favorites are packed into one outfit.

With the temperature in the 80's I felt that a chiffon top would be nice and breezy. The back is the top has a big now and there are "cold-shoulder" sleeves. I paired it with cut-off denim shorts because that screams SUMMERTIME. As I was scanning my closet for shoes, I remembered I had these wedges with bows on the toes (hey, that rhymes) tied in with the bow on my top. To finish it off, I added a pearl and chain necklace and a gold purse!

I had a little help from my new dress form for a couple pictures because I am no pro and couldn't get a good picture with auto-timer. Forgive me. On a side note... I plan to get better pictures as time goes on.










Top: Belk (similar here and here)

Shorts: Jessica Simpson (out of stock, similar here)

Wedges: Rue21 (old, I like these)

Necklace: Rue21 (old, similar here)

Purse: Michael Kors (get it here on sale)




Thank you to all of those who serve our country! 

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. - John 15:13


Haylie 

1 comment:

  1. YAY HAYLIE!!! Gorgeous outfit darling! :) Love love love! So excited you have a blog now! woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete